APPLIED VOCATIONAL PSYCHOLOGY & POLICY RESEARCH UNIT
-- NEW WEBSITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION --
-- ABOUT US
The AVOPP was founded in 2005 by psychologists, educational scientists, statisticians and economists from Belgium, Canada, Germany, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Poland and Switzerland.
Among its founders were prominent scholars from prestigious universities such as - in alphabetical order -
Augustyn Banka (SWPS University of Social Sciences and Humanities, Warsaw, Poland); Jean-Pierre Dauwalder (University of Lausanne, Switzerland); Bernd-Joachim Ertelt (University of Applied Labour Studies, Mannheim, Germany); Herrmann-Günter Hesse (German Institute for International Educational Research, Frankfurt am Main, Germany); Manfred Hofer (University of Mannheim, Germany); Czeslaw Noworol (Jagiellonian University Cracow, Poland); Kestutis Pukelis (Vytautas Magnus University, Kaunas, Lithuania); Christiane Schiersmann (University of Heidelberg, Germany); William Schulz (University of Manitoba, Canada).
While continuing their work at their respective universities these scholars have over many years been giving valuable guidance to the AVOPP. And even now when quite a few of them have become “emeriti”, the AVOPP is privileged to be able to continue and rely on their counsel.
The association has among its objectives:
- Development of studies and scientific projects.
- Scientific accompaniment of similar studies and projects.
- External evaluation of studies and scientific projects.
- Development and promotion of transnational networks.
- Development and realization of modules and programmes of qualification for careers advisers with certification.
- Consultancy work in relation to measures and programmes of career development within the framework of human resources.
- Edition and publication of scientific works.
8, rue Joseph Wester